Friday, August 21, 2009

The Airplane. The Bus. Two Certificates.

       The dream I had last night was very strange. I have a need to write it down. Of course, like many dreams it was very metamorphic in its nature, without much logic, you just fluctuate from one body to another or one space and time to the next. At first sight dreams seem to lack any type of normal human logic. But what if in reality dreams actually have their own unique logic? The kind of logic unbeknownst to any waking state? I don't know.
       The dream I had last night was very strange, I wonder if there is any logic to it at all. Even if it's that other type of alien and abstract , which I yearn to understand.
       Here it starts, my dream.
       I feel very good. I know I am safe. I am next to someone I love. It feels warm and I can feel his touch. I do not see his face. But I know that we both in love and I trust him. I look around, we are on the small white plane. I notice that we are both naked. We are so close to each other.
       "Let's do it", he says.
       "What, my darling?" I ask him lazily.
       "Let's go!"
       "Where?" I ask.
       "To the top, very top of the airplane!"
       "You are out of your mind! It's dangerous…"
      " Trust me, let's go!"
       He takes my hand. We both somehow ( in abstract dreamy logic) get to the very top of the airplane and spread out on it while  it's flying through the air. We did it! I lay on the top of his body facing the sky. The airplane is flying so fast, the wind passes by. I can feel chills on my body. I feel so safe and secure. We are still both naked.
       Suddenly, we are falling off the plane. Falling down so fast. I look at him. Oh no! We are going to die! He doesn't say anything, just hugs me closer and we hold hands. The air is so cold and it feels so liberating to fly down so uncontrollably. We know we are going to die.
       We fall on the ground. I open my eyes. I move my body. I am alive. Tall dark green grass is looking right into my face. I see the empty fields to one side and the woods to the other. I try to stand up. Where is he? I look to the side. He doesn't move. I must do something to get out of this place and get to the city! I don't know if he is dead or alive.
       I take his body and carry it with me. I walk through the woods. I see the road.
       Cars are passing by fast. I look at myself. I am no longer Elena. I am him. And now I am holding Elena's naked body with my right arm. I hold it tight. I think she is dead, my woman is dead. What have I done! I need to get to the city. I try to flag down a car, but they all pass by me. They just don’t want to stop.
       Why? In fact they all speed up as soon as they see me! What the hell is wrong with these people? Maybe they think I am a criminal and killed this naked woman? That I am murderer? What idiots! Finally a very strange bus stops. It is extremely narrow and all red on the outside.        I walk in, there are few off-beat looking people in it. It is a very old looking bus. The driver keeps pressing down the horn and it rings like bells. He is very skinny and his face is all pockmarked looking. He asks me where I am going. I instantly notice that he speaks as if he never went to school, as if he is an ex prisoner or something. 
       I am a man. And I can spot this guy. He is definitely and ex convict. Where is my woman? Oh... She is next to me. 
       "Take me to the city," I say to this criminal driver.
       I am clothed. My woman is naked, she lays peacefully to my right side. She doesn't move anymore or say anything. What have I done…
       I get off the bus. I walk. Tall gloomy looking buildings. I walk into an old looking building. Elevator. Flat. I ring the bell. Somebody opens the door. Oh it's my cousin from Russia. Wait, I am Elena again. I am a woman. I walk through the long hallway. I enter a room and see a young man, it's my first boyfriend, the one whom I lost my virginity. I kiss him on the cheek. I am still holding something on my right side. Is it a body? No. Two folders. I look at them, then carefully put them on the table. 
       "What is it?" They ask me.
       "These are two death certificates," I reply.
       I woke up. Good morning, Friday.

6 comments:

jazzolog said...

It's always tempting to "interpret" a dream, one's own or another's. I am resisting this one...as I don't know you. I find it remarkable how some dreams are vivid and riveting, and other vague or seemingly just neurological exercise. Sexual ones, and there seems to be some of that in here, always are amazing.

They say we dream whether we remember the images or not. In the past if I dreamed, I almost never remembered them. As I have gained deeper interest in and contact with myself, honest and true, dream material has begun to emerge and become very valuable to the continuing journey. I hope that is so for you too.

Elena Beloff said...

Richard, thank you for you comment. Yes it is tempting to interpret dreams. Though I just decided I will observe them. But really our subconscious just seem to be so out of place sometimes. Even though it probably is our intuition too. Who knows. It is all beautiful. I like the kind of stuff that you can't ever prove.

Cat in the road said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jazzolog said...

I like Scribe816's comment, and wonder about controlling a bit of what we dream. Can I dream the same dream over again tonight---to "see" it better? Can I make myself dream something specific? Can someone else make me dream something?

I suppose the kind of stuff we can't prove is magic. Just flying in an airplace is magic to some---that it goes up and comes down where we want it. A hundred years ago riding on a bus was magic. But that's trite.

Some people just can start talking and depending on what you say and how you say it, in a few minutes the listener will be ready to see anything you want to show me. You know how to do that, simply and logically, but to me it's magic. I know a card trick that works everytime as long as I am completely precise and make no mistakes, and you would be mystified.

But how about something no one can do, that's impossible to do? Next time you're driving uptown or downtown at 3 AM, notice how the traffic lights are timed so that they're always green if you drive at a particular speed. But way up there you see a green light that can't possibly stay green all that time until your vehicle gets there. Or can it? Can you make it stay green? If so, can you do it again---with practice?

Elena Beloff said...

Well, I guess what you are hinting on here would be lucid dreaming, when you know that you are dreaming and have control over it. I think in one of Canstaneda's works his teacher Don Huan ( fictional or not, we don't know now) had instructed Castaneda to gaze at his palms in his dreams and if he was able to do that, then he could control the world of his dreams.

So , next time you realize you are dreaming, try doing that. I will!
That would be great, maybe this way I can start controlling things one by one in my dream and lead myself into an imaginary reality, which is also a part of Hypnosis. When you can visualize your desired reality in a trancelike state and let your mind see what you want. Your mind always needs to see what you really want. Then it will guide you through life to get that desired outcome in wake state.

Jimmy the Saint said...

Interested dream. I can't add much more than what has been already.